30 March 2012

Featured: One Stitch Designs

OneStitch has been one of my favorite Etsy shops to browse through for AGES.  She's got it all - cute hats & gloves, coffee cozies, and even adorable matchbook notepads. 

And she's kindly agreed to be my very first shop feature :)


Why did you decide to open an Etsy shop?
3 reasons
*My house was becoming a disaster zone of fiber goodness (but it's worse now :)
*I was in serious need of more money (you cannot live off of 10 hours a week min wage)
*And I really wanted to eventually throw off the chains of the corporate world - no more jobs where you are called 10 minutes before the end of your day and told you no longer have a job (this is my only income now :)
This thing has grown into 2 shops and a standalone website


What is your absolute favorite thing to make & sell?
My favorite thing to make would be clothing, actually. But I never actually sold a piece. My favorite thing to make that I've sold is the gloves- any of them. I've got a glove thing :)


Who/what is your biggest inspiration?
Pixiebell.etsy.com not in product inspiration, but in a "hey, you can make a living off of yarn" sort of way. Diane is really nice too :)

In the event of a Zombie apocalypse (or any apocalypse really), which crafty tool or skill would be your greatest weapon?
Well as for weapons, I have several longbows and can make more. Plus many other weapons :) self defense isn't an issue here!
Survival - I can take any fiber, spin it, and then knit or crochet it to make something warm to survive winter :) That's almost as good as a double tap anyday!

.....

Seriously, how AMAZING is she??  Those gloves, to die for.  Everything she makes is just gorgeous.  Not even exaggerating one tiny bit.  Go check out her whole shop at OneStitchDesigns

Thanks so much, Steph, for being my first shop feature :) 

3 comments:

Unifyhandmade said...

Great interview! I love the question about the Zombie Apocalypse, lol! Again, great read. Can't wait to read the next feature :-D

Miss Traci said...

Yay! Glad you enjoyed reading it :) I can't wait to make it a regular thing on my blog!

Steph from OneStitchDesigns said...

Thank you so much for featuring me, you did an awesome job!