13 September 2012

Coffee Talk

I really love link-ups.  Especially fun ones where you get to talk about yourself for awhile.
Well that didn't sound self absorbed at all, did it?
Anyway...
If we met for coffee (oh, I'm drinking an iced mocha of some sort by the way), and we hadn't yet met, or hadn't spoken in awhile...



1. It's finally fall! What are you looking forward to this year?
Oooooooh my favorite shows to start back up!!  Ok, I guess I'm just waiting for Walking Dead & Modern Family...but whatev.  Also, probably one last bonfire before the weather turns too cold...I love sitting around a fire with friends, drinking a beer and just enjoying the night.  (sidenote - while playing Yahtzee last night with my fiance and his stepdaughter, she definitely said "whatev" about something.  which was pretty hysterical. i mean, she's ten so she's starting to be all preteen and all, but i've never heard her say it and i say it all the time so i loved it.  ahh my influence on little people! haha)




2. What fall item is in your closet that you can't wait to pull out?
All of my hoodies and sweaters!  I am a comfy hoodie kind of girl.  And I just bought a cute new dress that'll be making its debut at a friend's wedding this weekend! (it was on sale too! win!)
 
3. Since Halloween is the first holiday to celebrate, we all get treated with a horror movie marathon all month long... what is your favorite scary movie to watch?
I really don't like scary movies that much.  Well, scratch that.  I love scary movies that are of a certain genre...blood guts gore...all of that is just fine.  But throw in a haunting or some supernatural stuff?  I freak.  Absolutely cannot watch any of that.
Uh, anyway...
My fave to watch around Halloween (also Christmas!) is The Nightmare Before Christmas.
My favorite actual "horror" movies are the Resident Evil movies, and House of 1000 Corpses, and the Devil's Rejects...and some campy older horror stuff I'm probably  forgetting too.

4. What is your favorite fall treat? (recipes welcome)
Pumpkin Fluff Dip  Recipe
{recipe}
So last Thanksgiving (ish), a guy I work with (my cousin actually) brought in this divine pumpkin dip and absolutely refused to give anyone the recipe.  He claims he made him himself, though I have my doubts.  (I'm pretty sure it was his wife.)  Anyway, thanks to the magic of Pintrest, I found a recipe for it and plan to try it out myself shortly!  (It's best with 'nilla wafers, or just eating big spoonfuls of it. Either way. Delish)

5. Now that summer is finally over, what will you miss most about it?
Nothing.  This was a pretty wretched summer for a lot of reasons.  I'm just hoping my migraines subside enough for me to actually enjoy this fall!

 Linking up with Natalie Blair for the first "Coffee Talk" link up :)
 


 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow I seriously LOVE you! For one, thank you so much on linking up with me on my first Coffee Talk! I am happy with the outcome so far!

Ok, for one... The fact that you undertand that a 10 year old is going all "preteen" is amazing! Mine is 9 (turns 10 in Feb) and is doing the same thing! Oh goodness...

You like hoodies like me! Can't live without mine!

You like The Walking Dead and blood and gore! I LOVE that type of stuff! And Resident Evil? MY FAVE TOO! I forgot to add that in there! I am super excited for the newest one coming out! Plus.. ZOMBIES! GAH! Joygasm :)

And i hate summer too! LOL

Lindsay said...

I dont like scary movies about ghosts and whatnot. And I cant watch anything with demons or whatever. Yikes. Love hoodies and jeans - fall in buffalo is really beautiful.

shannon rose said...

can we all take a moment to "squeeeeeeeeeeeee" about the new resident evil movie coming out this month?!?!

Erin O'Riordan said...

Don't watch 'The Woman in Black.' And for the love of all that is good, do NOT go to Eel Marsh House.

Anonymous said...

I actually had a pretty crappy Summer also. I'm kinda diggin' the fact that it's over and done with!

I love your blog!