17 September 2012

Versatile Blogger Award...say what?!

So, not that very long ago, I discovered this fabulous blog called Nonsense Things.  I was super excited to find out that this blogger's name also happened to be Traci (yes spelled with an i and everything!!).  Needless to say, I fell in blog love.

And then, Traci was kind enough to nominate me for this:



Here's the rules:
1. Nominate up to 15 fellow bloggers who are relatively new to blogging
2. Let the nominated bloggers know that they have been nominated for this award
3. Share 7 random facts about yourself
4. Thank the blogger who has nominated you
5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your post


Ahh, seven random facts about myself.  Well, at least you knows all know by now how much I like to talk about myself.  But anyway:
1) I love to read.  Boring, yeah, whatever.  The silly part is...I pretty much primarily read romance novels.  Not like the 50 shades of gray romance either - the real romance stuff that's more love story than the down & dirty.  No lie, I probably own upwards of a hundred romance novels.  In the end they're all pretty much the same story, but that's why I read them so often.  For goodness and light.  Other than that, I am perfectly content re-reading Harry Potter, or any of the Walking Dead trade paperbacks I've collected so far.  

2) I am terrified of rodents.  Seriously, hugely horribly afraid.  It's the stupidest phobia.  I don't know why it even started, but everything in the rodent family scares the pants off me.  If I ever saw a capybara in real life, I'd possibly die from fright.  (google it - these things are as big as COWS).  My phobia of rodents has extended uncomfortably so that I'm actually a bit afraid of everything with fur.  So I really don't much care for dogs or cats, because it reminds me too much of how furry rodents are. I am a freak. I know, I know.

3) I have a very elaborate plan set in my mind in the event of zombie (or other more likely) apocalypse.  Like learning to operate a crossbow (hello, Daryl Dixon), any and all types of guns, throwing knives, and other means of killing gross zombies.  Also, how to fly a plane.  Drive a standard automobile.  And a semi truck.  Or anything that moves.  How to siphon gas.  How to build fires out of nothing.  Ok, my plan is an elaborate list of survival skills.  The best part?  I know none of this.  If the zombies should rise tomorrow, I'd be dead by Monday.  Legit.

4) My biggest celeb crush is Patrick Stewart.  My inner monologue is his voice.  

5) I am a burlesque dancer, though I haven't danced in a year.  (My troupe is named the Zombettes. I'm not like obsessed with zombies or anything at all am I?)

6) I kind of stink at being a good real life friend.  I consider myself to be very generous and kind (um, most of the time), and once you're my friend I've got your back for life...but I suck at keeping in touch sometimes.  I promise, I'm not ignoring you on purpose!  Sometimes I just like to be lonely.  (In fact, my fiance tells me all the time I need to make more of an effort with people or else no one will be there when I do feel like hanging out with a friend, so I've been trying a lot harder lately.  I've just always preferred my own company and it's a hard thing to change.)

7) I get horrible, awful, painful chronic migraines.  For awhile they weren't around so much, but when I start to stress out they're ridiculous.  I'm talking once or twice a week when they're bad.  I know there are about 300 or so different migraine triggers, and everyone I know is confident they have a cure for me.  Well, I've tried about every holistic means possible, kept food journals to trace my triggers, stayed away from caffiene...and all I've learned is that being around too much cigarette smoke & certain types of perfume definitely bring it on.  Otherwise...your guess is as good as mine.  I'm almost considering a lobotomy at this point.  Just to kill the damn pain!

And now, my nominations.  I admit, I read a ton of blogs, but most of you guys seem to have been around FOREVER! At least longer than I have been!  But here's a few I just have to read every day:
1. Elyse @ Home Sweet Holmes
2. Natalie @ a moment of wonderful
3. Steph @ Whatever is Lovely and Noble
4. Jess @ Time for Tea

3 comments:

Traci said...

I'm right there with you on #'s 3 & 6. I can totally relate and my husband (a scientist) has it all figured out how the zombie apocalypse will go down... We talk about this a lot around here ;)

Brit said...

There is nothing freakish about your phobia of rodents.....death to them all, is my mantra. I won't google that word though, not even a chance. To scared ;)

Great list, so glad I got to know you a little better :)

Anonymous said...

love your zombie apocalypse plan! lol