20 September 2012

Coffee Talk {2.0}

Coffee Talk with Natalie Blair
 Linking up with Natalie for another little Coffee Talk :)

1. What is your favorite kind of coffee? Iced? Hot? Frappe? Or are you a tea kind of person?
I have always loved tea.  It never ceases to remind me of sleeping over at my grandma's house (because she always made me tea with breakfast in the morning), and as such is always my go-to comfort drink of choice.  I love a good chai, or even just plain ol' orange pekoe.  Lately I've fallen in love with the wonders of iced mocha's (especially from McDonalds...seriously) and mocha frappe's too :)

2. What is your dream computer/laptop? And what kind are you using now?
I haven't ever lusted for a computer (honestly I don't know the differences in any of them anyway), but for my birthday my mom was amazingggg and got me a wonderful HP laptop that I'm obsessed with.  No idea what the model is or anything, I had one of the IT guys at my work pick out the options I required for being online and running photoshop smoothly, and my baby was purchased.  Guys, it even has a fingerprint scanner! No lie. I don't know how to work it, but it's there.

3. Have you ever regretted a blog post? What did you say?
I don't think I've ever published something I've regretted writing down.  I am usually aware of choosing my words carefully to avoid alienating certain readers (like, I'm pretty sure my fiance's grandma reads this from time to time, and it's easier to make sure everything I say, while not censoring my true feelings, is written in a way to not offend her sensibilities). 

4. What is your favorite book? 
Hello, hardest question ever.  I have read so many books it's truly hard to pick a favorite. So I'll give you a few within different genres.
- The Duke and I by Julia Quinn.  Yeah, silly historical romance novel.  But I love this author's style.  It's really focused on the love story and the heroine isn't a bumbling idiot.  It's clever and I've read it dozens of times.  Seriously.
- The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King.  Not his usual macabre at all, but a fascinating fairytale/fantasy that I could read over and over and not get sick of it.
- Lamb by Christopher Moore.  Some more devout Christians might be offended by this book, but it is a funny approach detailing the years of Jesus's life that aren't written in the bible. 

5. What's in your bag? (pictures too please!!)



Well, kind of shoddy pictures, but that's what happens with my {not so} fabulous cellular telephone device.  No iphone here. 
1: Vera Bradley Tote.  40% off, thankyouverymuch. A day later, I saw a woman who was 85 if she was a day with the same bag.  Thereby validating my fiance & family's assertions that I have the same taste as an old lady. Whatev.
2: Jessica Simpson Wallet.  $14.99 @ TJMaxx.  LOVE.
3: An electric bill.  Paid.
4: A form from the town assessor's office I need to fill out.
5: A recipe for Potato soup.
6: The new Tastefully Simple Fall/Winter catalog. YUM
7: Dooney & bourke change purse.  Brown leather. $7.99 @ Marshall's.
8: Several tubes of lip stuff.
9: a pouch of stuff (includes gum, band aids, sewing kit, tweezers, nail file, hand sanitizer)
10: another thing of hand sanitizer.
11: 2 paycheck stubs
12: Betsey Johnson sunglasses.
13: migraine stuff & pepto bismol.
14: Bath & Bodyworks Sweet Pea body spray
15: Avon hand lotion (the oatmeal kind...awesome)
16: Notepad
17: pens (red, black, purple)
18: used up check book
19: wedding invitation & response card proofs
20: hair tie & clip.


Coffee Talk with Natalie Blair

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like iced tea (sweet) with a lemon! And McDonalds frappes and iced mochas are the shizz!!

Hmm... that HP sounds pretty awesome! I constantly run my photoshop but I can't with this POS.

I have tried the censor thing on my blog too... never works. So I just keep my drama to myself. I hate losing readers!

Never heard any of those books! And Stephen King is the MAN!!

I have Vera too! My mom has told me on many occasions that they are "old lady" bags... whatevs!

Thanks for linking up babe!!! I love all your answers!

Anonymous said...

OH.. and I also see a Maybelline baby lips in there... fruit punch to be exact ;)

mama2lilev said...

Funny about seeing grandma with your purse the next bag! Better a bag than clothes, right?! I too am a tea lover!

shannon rose said...

girl, i am with you on the book choosing. how.how.how. it's like torture trying to pick your favorite!

Erin O'Riordan said...

There's nothing wrong with a silly historical romance. I'm in favor of pretty much any romance novel.