07 October 2012

Simple Sunday Recipe

Well, technically autumn arrived a couple weeks ago, but this weekend it seems to have arrived with a vengeance.  Cool weather, damp & rain, and the most colorful leaves of the year!
In an effort to warm up my house a little without turning my furnace even higher (yeah, it's already on, pathetic) I decided Sunday is baking day.
And because I love simple and delicious recipes over all else, I bring you this:
Simple Two Ingredient Pumpkin Cookies.
Easy. Fast. Low calorie. YUMMY.
What more could you ask for?

{via}


This is what you need:
1 - Boxed Spice cake mix
1 - 15oz can pumpkin (ya know, the Libby's kind or whatever)

What you do:
Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mix together boxed cake mix and pumpkin by hand until well blended (this takes a few minutes and it looks like it won't be enough pumpkin to work, but trust me, it works!)
Spoon mixture onto greased cookie sheets (there's no oil in these, you NEED to grease the cookie sheets or they stick!).
Bake for 10-14 minutes depending on cookie size (mine took about 13 minutes)
If you'd like, mix up a small bit of confectioner's sugar with a bit of milk for a simple glaze to top the cookies.
Enjoy!


2 comments:

Jana Faith said...

Sounds easy enough. I'm not a pumpkin fan but plenty of folks at school are. This will come in handy for our Teacher's Luncheon Friday! Thanks a million. YAY FALL!

Unknown said...

These are easy and I bet yummy, I always get a pumpkin cookie everytime I eat at City Bites so I can't wait to try these.